Learn English with Celebrity Interviews
Our interview travels through time interviewing famous historical people. Unfortunately, his time-machine only allows him to ask 5 questions.
Today, he travels to the 1970’s to meet John Lennon. In a moment when John Lennon is experiencing writers-block
How to use
See the website (www.chucklenglish.com) on how to learn with the podcast.
Support us on Patreon to help us create more funny and interesting material:
- Interviewer: Welcome to Quick History Interviews; the show where we travel in time and ask 5 questions to someone famous
- Today, we’ve travel to the 1970’s. To meet the best part of the separated Beatles, Mr. John Lennon, who is currently experiencing writers block as he tries to write his next song.
- Hi Mr Lennon, nice to meet you.
- LENNON: Hi, Call me John.
- Interviewer: So, John, Lennon. What motivates you?
- LENNON: Well, that’s easy, peace.
- Interviewer: Peace, motivates you? That is really great. Some people would say peace is an impossible fantasy, what do you have to say to them?
- LENNON: Well, you may say I’m a dreamer. But, to be honest, I’m not the only one. Wait! You may say I’m a dreamer, But I’m not the only one! Let me write that down, it sounds like part of a song! I’m a peace loving genius!
- Interviewer: Right, so what is the way to peace?
- LENNON: Well, ever since I’ve left the Beatles, I’ve been looking into it. Studying peace, listening to the world, trying to experience and feel real peace. I want you to do one thing for me; conceptualize if there were no countries, it isn’t hard to do, to be honest. There would be nothing to kill for or die for.
- Interviewer: Very poetic!
- LENNON: Really? Maybe I should write it down. Conceptualize if there were not countries, it isn’t hard to do… Wait, that sounds like another part of a song. Except, I don’t think conceptualize is the right word for this song, If only I could find another word instead of conceptualize! Damn! Anyway, next question.
- Interviewer: So you are saying that countries are the reason for war, aren’t you?
- LENNON: Well, not just countries, also religion too, People have created many wars in the name of religion. We just need to understand and listen more to each other. Just fantasize about all the people living life in peace. Damn! I’m good today. That sounds like another part of my new song; just fantasize all the people living life in peace. But, again I can’t find the right word! Neither fantasize nor conceptualize are the word that I’m looking for. If only I could find an alternative word…
- Interviewer: Well, you just need to imagine another word.
- LENNON: What did you just say?
- Interviewer: Another word?
- LENNON: Before that?
- Interviewer: imagine another…
- LENNON: Eureka! That is the word! Imagine!
- Interviewer: Imagine what?
- LENNON: Imagine is the word I’m missing from my song. Also, you have just asked your fifth question! I thought you were just another ignorant reporter, but you’ve got some good ideas. Listen, in the future, when I’m older, if you need some creative advice, just give me a call.
- Interviewer: Erm… well…Ok, thanks! That is my time up! It’s time to return to the time-machine and to the 21st century. Goodbye.
- LENNON: Wow, even in the future everyone is always in a rush!
Support Chuckle English by donating to their Tip Jar: https://tips.pinecast.com/jar/chuckle-english